Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tortilla Bake, Crock Pot Recipe

Tortilla Bake, 

We only had this once, it was good but I added some notes for the next time...
In a nutshell: Brown the meat, drain.



Mix up cheese soup and season

Layer



Taco Lasagna ;)

1.5 lbs ground beef
10 3/4 oz Can of Cheddar Soup
1 1/2 oz pkg of Taco Seasoning
8 soft tortillas
Tomatoes (did not use)

1. Brown the meat until no longer pink, drain. 
2. Combine Soup and seasoning in bowl.
3. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges.

You will now make the layers in the crock pot. The recipe calls for this combo- 4 times total
1/4 of the beef, 1/4 of the tortillas, soup mix, tomatoes if you were using them.
Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours. When you serve this you can use traditional taco toppings. 

Next time I would only do 3 layers, I won't use as many tortillas. Also I might season the meat instead of the cheese soup...

For a first time making this it was good and my guys really enjoyed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment