Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2008, Food Network, 30 Minute Meals
Noodles tossed in White Sauce
Addition of the Red Sauce
The link above will take you to the real recipe- But you know I do things a little different lol.
Two Sauce Weeknight Lasagna Bowls
• 1 pound Campanelle pasta
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 pound pancetta, a couple of thick slices, chopped <---- BACON, lots
• 3/4 pound ground beef pork and veal mix or ground beef <--- Beef and Sausage, lots
• 1/2 large carrot, peeled and grated or finely chopped
• 1 small to medium onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, 2 chopped or grated, 1 peeled
• 1/2 teaspoon allspice, a couple of pinches <--- I don't think I used this...(I made this over a month ago lol)
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1/2 cup dry red wine <---- Nope
• 2 cups beef stock
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 2 cups milk
• Nutmeg, to taste
• 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus some to pass at table
• A handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped <--Didn't have it...
Heat large pot of water to a boil, salt water and cook pasta to al dente Or however you like it =)
While pasta water comes to a boil, heat olive oil in a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat, add pancetta (Bacon) and render 2 to 3 minutes then add meat and break up as it browns.
When the meat has begun to caramelize and develops a nice brown color, 4 to 5 minutes, add carrot, onion, 2 cloves of garlic, allspice (Nope), salt and pepper and a bay leaf.
Cook 3 to 4 minutes more to soften onions and carrots bits then stir in tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in wine (Didn't use) and cook out 1 minute then stir in stock and reduce heat to simmer.
I just added more stock since I didnt use the wine.
While red sauce cooks, cut remaining whole clove of garlic and rub the inside of a medium sauce pot with it. Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk together a minute or so then whisk in milk and bring to a bubble, reduce heat then season sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg, thicken 8 to 10 minutes.
Toss pasta with white sauce and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Serve pasta in individual bowls and top with a ladle of meat sauce in the middle of the bowl for mixing in. Garnish with parsley.
ENJOY!!!!! We sure did hahahahaha