Thursday, February 11, 2016

Birthday Steak- New Recipe #4

I surprised Hubby by making him steak for his birthday! I went to the butcher and picked them out all by myself! He's the grill master and picks the steaks to grill. I, on the other hand, was making them in the house. 
It was a struggle to find a recipe- all of them had different techniques. Bake first then sear in the pan, pan sear first then bake...good grief.

I looked at these recipes: One, Two, Three, and four

So after all of that- I seasoned the Rib Eye steaks, Melted butter, seared them 3 minutes or so per side, then baked them not even 10 minutes. They were over where I wanted them. Next time- I'll get the pan screamin' hot, sear them off maybe 1-2 minutes per side, then stick them in the oven maybe just 5 minutes. They were on the thinner side so I know that makes a difference too. Hubby was surprised and he enjoyed them so that's what matters. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment