Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Potato Pancakes: #1

1st new recipe of 2016! I made them 1/3/16. 
I think I want to try to keep track this year of all of the new recipes I make in 2016.


We were watching something on Food Network and they were making Potato Pancakes.
Q said he tried to make them once and it didn't go so well. He was trying to replicate ones we had a few years ago made with applesauce. So I asked him if I needed to make him some and the response went something to the effect: "I don't know- maybe, probably" 

So you know I jumped right on it.




I would totally make these again- though I would maybe try to shred the potatoes with the food processor and I would wring them our using cheese cloth. I did not use as much oil to fry in as the recipe suggested. I also used oniion powder in place of an actual onion. The recipe was from allrecipes.com. I did not use applesauce like Q did when he made them- but I did have some for on the side. Though I bet shredding apples into the mix would be pretty good. 

Once they were ready he came into the kitchen, snagged one & slathered it with apple butter instead of apple sauce and he said it made it more yummy. I just used ketchup... lol


Ingredients

6 servings283 cals

Directions

Print  
  1. Finely grate potatoes with onion into a large bowl. Drain off any excess liquid.
  2. Mix in egg, salt, and black pepper. Add enough flour to make mixture thick, about 2 to 4 tablespoons all together.
  3. Turn oven to low, about 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
  4. Heat 1/4 inch oil in the bottom of a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Drop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into hot oil, and flatten to make 1/2 inch thick pancakes. Fry, turning once, until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel lined plates to drain, and keep warm in low oven until serving time. Repeat until all potato mixture is used.


No comments:

Post a Comment