Tuesday, February 9, 2016

New recipes 3 & 5- both Pressure cooker Pot Roast and Beef Tips

Now it starts to get confusing! Here are my 3rd and 5th new recipe of 2016 AND the 2nd and 3rd things in the pressure cooker. I didn't realize as I was planning the posts, I marked #4 as #5. Oops..Maybe if I blogged immediately I wouldn't have such issues haha. 
Clearly a FAIL because I took no pictures of EITHER...duh. So to make up I put 2 recipes into one post! =)

It's probably a good thing I didn't take pics of #3 (#2 PC). Q and I made beef tips. I think I either needed to cook it less or add more liquid (maybe both)...it burnt to the bottom of the pan! It took three times to clean it- using vinegar and baking soda. I will try this recipe again sometime. I found it on food.com HERE. It was not as edible as I had hoped, but my guys are troopers and ate it anyway. =) 

  • Prep Time: 20 mins
  • Total Time: 45 mins
  • Serves: 4-6, Yield: 4.0

Ingredients

    • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 2 teaspoons salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
    • 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
    • 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into cubes
    • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    • 2 onions, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
    • 4 cups cooked rice

Directions

  1. Place first five ingredients in a zip top bag and shake well to distribute. Add the beef cubes to the bag and shake until all are well covered. In a pressure cooker, brown the meat in the vegetable oil over medium heat.
  2. Once the meat is browned, add the onions and the garlic to the the cooker and saute the onions while deglazing the pan. Once the onions turn translucent add the can of beef consommé and stir to combine.
  3. Place the lid on the cooker and bring to pressure over medium heat. Cook 25 minutes and remove from heat. Once the pressure subsides open the lid and simmer until the proper consistency.
  4. Serve over rice.



Recipe #5 for the year (PC#3) was Pot Roast. I ran into the grocery store to grab a pot roast- I can't remember the cut...I would know it to see it. I just know it wasn't a flat beef roast. It was hubby's birthday and I wanted to make him something. He had steaks on the Friday (and Saturday) before. I made the Friday steaks (illusive new recipe #4) and a restaurant made them Saturday. He was on call for work so I wanted something that wasn't going to take too long and wasn't going to get funky if it sat a little- if he stayed at work late. Food.com saves the day again- I found THIS recipe to make.

I used all of the ingredients- even the onion. Not all 4 the recipe called for, but I should get points for using 1 at least. ;) It was good- though next time I need to add enough water to cover the roast I think. Maybe it will be juicier. I added more then the recipe said too. I could only imagine if I would have only used 1/2 cup...I might have had Beef Tip disaster#2...

  • Prep Time: 15 mins
  • Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
  • Servings: 8-9

Ingredients

    • 3 lbs pot roast
    • 1 tablespoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 2 tablespoons flour
    • 4 onions
    • 3 tablespoons oil

Directions

  1. Brown roast thoroughly in oil on all sides.
  2. Season with salt& pepper.
  3. Add onions and water.
  4. Cover, set pressure at 10 and cook for 1 hour after control jiggles.
  5. Cool pan normally 5 minutes, then set in sink and run water over covered pan til pressure is gone.
  6. Thicken gravy with flour mixed with 1/2 c water.

No comments:

Post a Comment