Q had been wanting Tiramisu anything for a while- so I had this recipe in the pile and decided to try it out.
Seemed like the guys liked it. I did :)
This was a Betty Crocker recipe- click here.
Tiramisu Brownie Bars
1 box brownie mix
Chocolate syrup- if brownie mix doesn't come with syrup
½ cup cold brewed coffee
½ cup vegetable oil
1- 8oz pk cream cheese
½ cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of Rum extract or 2 Tablespoons of light Rum*
1 ¼ cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
*I used 1 Tbsp rum and 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together brownie mix, pouch of chocolate syrup (from brownie mix box), 1/4 cup of the coffee, the oil and egg until well blended. Pour into pan.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup coffee over warm brownies. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, at least 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in rum extract; set aside. In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Sift or sprinkle cocoa over top. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until topping is firm. Cut into 8 rows by 3 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.