Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Barbecued Beef and Bow-Tie Dinner


I got this recipe from Aunt Betty Crocker
I had it for a while and wanted to fix the men something new (and quick) for dinner



1. Brown your beef- I used way more than the 1 lb. the recipe says but what else is new?




2. add broth



3. Add pasta- I used rotini, I ran out of bow-ties, tragic I know



4. Add your BBQ sauce (I mixed a few I had on hand)



5. Mix- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.



6. Add corn, mmmmm



7. Add cheese



ENJOY!!!!


I though this was pretty tasty. It was a little sweet for hubby



Prep Time 15 Minutes Total Time 30 Minutes  Makes 4 servings
I always make more than the recipe says




1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef

1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)  <--- Yeah not so much at my house

1 1/2 cups uncooked mini bow-tie (mini farfalle) pasta (5 oz)

2 1/2 cups Progresso® beef-flavored broth (from 32-oz carton) <---I just used beef bouillon cubes I get a ton at Sam's club

1/2 cup barbecue sauce

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup Green Giant® Niblets® frozen corn (from 12-oz bag), thawed  <--- Canned corn for me thx

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)



1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.

2. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in pasta, broth, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.

3. Stir in corn and 1 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, until corn is hot and cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment