Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Italian Beef Au Jus, Crock Pot Recipe

Italian Beef Au Jus, 

Cooks.com also offers a similar recipe here

I have already made this a few times and have a few friends who have made it as well!!
ALl it takes is a few ingredients and you are good to go!

I season it the night before to develop flavor

Serve with mashed potatoes

3-5 lb boneless rump roast
salt, pepper, garlic powder on the roast for overnight flavor
4 to 5 oz of Au Jus Powder mix 
(I only see it in 1 oz packs by McCormick so just get 4 or 5 of those) 
1 package of Italian Salad Dressing Mix
14 1/2 oz beef broth**
1/2 can of water 
**I just make my beef broth with beef bouillon cube equivalent. 

1. Place beef in slow cooker, season with  salt, pepper, garlic powder (or however you like your beef seasonings) Then pour the Au Jus and Italian Mix over the meat. Let sit overnight.  You can do this all in the morning, but I find it has a better flavor when it sits overnight.

2. In the morning, add the liquid and mix with the powder that is already in the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment