Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chicken & Corn Soup, Crock Pot Recipe

Chicken and Corn Soup, 

I think I have made this 3 times in just a few months already. It is great for lunch at work. It's easy to make too. I have not made it the same way twice....go figure lol. 



The recipe calls for regular chicken (any kind I think, bone in) but I have been using Canned Chicken from Sam's club. I think I did it once with Boneless Skinless chicken Breast. 

Here is the recipe as the book states, then I will add my notes after.

In any instance I would make some additional pasta to go with this. 

2-3 lb chicken 
2 qts water 
1 pkg dry chicken noodle soup
2 chicken bouillon cubes
15 oz can of corn, un-drained
1 tbsp Onion Flakes

1. Place chicken in slow cooker, Add water. Cover and cook on High 3-4 hours. Cool.
2. Strain Broth into container and reserve.
3. When chicken is cool enough to handle, debone. Return cup up meat to the slow cooker & reserved broth.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on High another 2 hours. 

This is waaay better day 2.


What I did:

2-3 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (I season it the night before w alt, Pepper, Garlic & Onion powder. Sometimes I use other seasoning mixes I have)
2 qts Chicken Stock
1 pkg dry chicken noodle soup
15 oz can of corn, un-drained
1 tbsp Onion Flakes
Salt, Pepper, Garlic & Onion powder

1. Place chicken in slow cooker, Add broth. Cover and cook on High 3-4 hours. At this point you can take the breasts out, shred and return to the slow cooker. 

2. After the chicken had time to cook the 3-4 hours, stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on High another 2 hours. 

**If I use the canned chicken I fry it in some light oil in a pan and season it at that point. Then just mix all of the ingredients together at one time and cook on high 2 hours or so. **


No comments:

Post a Comment