Monday, December 15, 2014

Picnic Chicken, Crock Pot Recipe

I saw this recipe in a Fix it and Forget it cookbook- not sure which one.
The exact recipe is also online HERE.

I enjoyed this a lot and would eat it again.

Ingredients: 

4 large chicken thighs, with skin  ***I used Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast***
¼ cup dill pickle relish  **I made pickles see here, so I used the pickle juice instead**
¼ cup Dijon mustard **I just used plain yellow mustard**
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ cup chicken broth


Directions:

1. Rinse chicken well; pat dry. Place in a greased 5-6 quart slow cooker skin side up.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the relish, mustard, and mayonnaise. When well blended, stir in the chicken broth. Mix well.
3. Pour sauce over the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender, but not dry or mushy.

Just typing this blog post makes me want to eat it now....

No comments:

Post a Comment