Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken,
Taste of Home's Version is pretty exact to this. They just don't use the 1/4 cup of water.
Both recipes use 4 oz can mushrooms...I didn't.
3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 envelope Dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1/4 cup water
8 oz package of Cream Cheese
10 3/4 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
4 oz can of Mushrooms (did not use)
1. Place chicken in greased slow cooker
2. Combine salad dressing mix and water in bowl, pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
4. After the chicken had the 4-5 hours to cook, Combine Cream cheese and soup in a sauce pan. Heat slightly to melt the cream cheese. (this is where you add the mushrooms or another veg if you would like) Pour over chicken.
5. Cover and cook for another hour on low.
Enjoy over rice or pasta.