Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lasagna Soup, with "recipe"

Best. Recipe. EVARRRR.


So here's the story. I had a Lasagna soup recipe in my "to make" file for years now. I have been trying to actually make the new recipes for the last year and feel I have been pretty successful at incorporating new recipes at our dinner table. You would have to double check with the guys thought on that ;)

A few weeks ago Jenn text me a recipe for Lasagna soup, and that same weekend I saw it in the "To make" pile and thought- "I need to just make this".  I will have to make a batch for when Q comes over becuase I fear it will be GONE by the time we see him again. (Which will probably be in 2 days but yeah its that good). It was also "casually" mentioned that I probably shouldn't share too much of this with my coworkers either hahaha. I did make Jenn and Arleen each a sampling for their tasting pleasure. 

I didn't use one recipe in particular, I mashed about 3 together. Some had peppers and other things I don't eat. So feel free to add stuff or look up other recipes. My recipe will be below. 

We ate around 2




Then again at 9 ! haha


Lasagna Soup

Ingredients
1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage
15-20 oz Tomato Sauce
6 oz Tomato Paste
32 oz Chicken Stock
10 oz Beef Stock **
Minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon of Pesto**
Garlic & Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper
Pasta

Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese for after plating

**I only used this because I had it left over from another recipe, so feel free to use more chicken stock or water. I just wanted more liquid. 
**Pesto isn't a necessity, I just had some left over. 

1. Brown the meat, on Medium/High heat, in a large Stockpot/Dutch Oven. Drain excess grease.
2. Add Minced Garlic and cook until fragrant- 1-2 minutes. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC. I usually only brown the garlic for a minute because I am known to burn it. 
3. Add the tomato sauce, paste and seasonings, Mix well. Add the liquid and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30-60 minutes. 
5. Make your pasta. I prefer fun pasta shapes. 
6.. Ladle into bowls, top with a dollop of Ricotta Cheese and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top. If you have Oven safe bowls you could add the cheese then melt in the oven on broil.

I need more now....I think this is better than the Skillet Lasagna I make. Plus it is super easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment