Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars, from Bake with Christina
Jenn found this recipe at the beginning of February for us to try. It seemed easy enough so I made them for my row pals at work. NOTE: One can of Sweetened condensed milk would make 2 of this recipe...so I will probably make another soon because I now have 1/2 a cup of Sweetened Condensed milk just hangin' around in my refrigerator. Maybe I could switch up the ingredients and use Semi Sweet chocolate chips.....
Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sprinkles, divided into two 1/3 cups
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, butter, and egg together on medium speed until a thick dough forms. Add in 1/3 cup of the sprinkles and mix on low just until incorporated.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips and the remaining 1/3 cup of sprinkles on top. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. Separate the remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until they just begin to brown. Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy
I didn't line the pan...this seemed to take a while to bake. I hope I didn't over bake them, but I had them in for almost an hour because it was like I could pour it out of the pan. I would recommend covering it with foil so it doesn't get too dark if you have to bake longer than the 30 minutes suggested in the recipe.