Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Taco Bake, with Recipe

I found this recipe in a Fix it and Forget it Cook Book at the library. I don't know what edition it came from though. 




Taco Bake

1 lb Ground Beef
Onion Powder  (you can use an onion if you like that sort of thing)
3/4 cup water
15 oz tomato sauce
1.25 oz Taco Seasoning packet
8 oz of uncooked macaroni

Brown beef and onion powder, until no longer pink. Drain the excess grease.
Add the water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning, mix well and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Transfer to slow cooker, add uncooked pasta and mix well.Cool on high for 1 hour, or low for 2-3 hours.

My Notes: Mix while cooking, test the pasta. Mine was on High and after 30 minutes it was well on its way to done. I had to add additional water. I would use more taco seasoning and/or less tomato sauce. This tastes good...but not very taco like. You could probably add corn, fresh tomatoes or any other of your favorite taco fixin's to the pot as well.


My after dinner drink
My cubefarm friends were talking about this Sparkly Drink called Viniq so I had to try it. It is a mix of Vodka and Moscato. It looks fun and weirs all at the same time. If you Google it there are YouTube videos on this drink. You can drink it as is or mix with juice.



I mixed it with Sprite and this is what happened..
You can see where the Sprite fizz ends...SO WEIRD lol


No comments:

Post a Comment