Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cake Mix Brownies, with recipe

Cake Mix Brownies, by Cookies and Cups

I wanted to make the guys something sweet over the weekend. I had a recipe for Cake bars (you will see that soon) that used cake mix and wondered if I could make Brownies from a box of cake mix. I found a BUNCH of recipes! Below is the one I used. Instead of chips, the original blogger used baking melts so I thought I would too since I had them. The Hershey ones are nice and smooth. I didn't use the entire bag...I wanted some for snacking at an undisclosed time and date. 





I would TOTALLY make these again. I would also like to try different variations- like using Peanut Butter Chips. A box of cake mix tends to be cheaper than Brownie mix, and I always have chocolate chips on hand. 




Ingredients 
1 box chocolate cake mix
 ¼ cup vegetable oil 
⅓ cup milk 
1 egg 
10 oz chocolate chips, chunks or baking melts

Instructions 
1. Preheat oven to 350° 
2. Spray an 8x8 pan with baking spray, set aside. 
3. In a bowl mix all ingredients, except chocolate pieces, until combined. The batter WILL BE THICK. Like CEMENT thick.
4. Stir in chocolate chunks. 
5. Spread batter into prepared pan. You might want to spray a spatula with baking spray or smoosh down with hands. Bake for 20 minutes. 
6. Cool and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment