Monday, October 27, 2014

Slow Cooker Lasagna, with recipe

Q LOVES him some lasagna. So I tried a new recipe from this book and used my Crock Pot for this Slow Cooker Lasagna. 
This recipe from All Recipes is pretty spot on to the one in the book. 

1.
 Brown the Beef, in oil if needed, until no longer pink. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. So however you season meat for spaghetti, do that. 


2. 
Stir sauce into beef, in the skillet.


3. 
Combine Egg with Ricotta cheese in a bowl. 

4. 
Layer half of the beef mixture into the crock pot.

5. 
 Layer in half of the dry pasta (if using lasagna, break it if you need to, to fit it in the crock), half of the cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layer with the remaining ingredients.

  

   6.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 

  

1 lb Ground Beef (but if you normally use Ground Turkey or Chicken, have at it)
4-5 Cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used my homemade sauce), if you like a lot of sauce, USE MORE...I didn't and I should have- it was a bit dry.
1 Egg
24 oz of Ricotta cheese (the recipe calls for Cottage Cheese)
8-10 uncooked lasagna noodles (I just used a box of regular pasta because I thought I had lasagna and didn't)
2-3 cups of Mozzarella Cheese, divided

1. Brown the Beef, in oil if needed, until no longer pink. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. So however you season meat for spaghetti, do that.
2. Stir sauce into beef, in the skillet.
3. Combine Egg with Ricotta cheese in a bowl.
4. Layer half of the beef mixture into the crock pot.
5. Layer in half of the dry pasta (if using lasagna, break it if you need to, to fit it in the crock), half of the cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layer with the remaining ingredients.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment