Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Food Network Magazine's, White Pizza-with recipe

Three Cheese White Pizza, from Food Network Magazine
May 2014 issue


I fear I only took one picture...because as soon as it came out of the oven...it was GONE =)

I used a pre-made pizza dough from my local Italian bakery, but feel free to make you own (the recipe is locate on the website in the link above for pizza dough, ) or buy it from the grocery store. 

I am just going to list what I did for the pizza part.

Ingredients for the topping:
2/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) + a small amount for crust
2 cloves of grated Garlic
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano*
Kosher Salt*
4 oz of Mozzarella*

Preheat oven to 500*.
 On my pizza pan (I do not own a pizza stone) I sprinkled cornmeal to keep the dough from sticking. Just work it out in the pan (or google how to work with pizza dough). 
Combine the ricotta, parmesan, EVOO, garlic, oregano & salt in a bowl. Spread on the pizza dough, leaving a 1/2 inch boarder (you want crust right?).
Top with mozzarella, then brush the edge (your crust) with a little more EVOO.
Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.


*I actually had fresh the day I made this, but feel free to use dry herbs. Just use less, maybe 1/4 teaspoon because the flavor is more concentrated. The recipe states you can use rosemary too. I bet Italian seasoning would be fine too. ALSO the recipe uses Red Pepper flakes but I did not. 

*I have kosher salt, but regular table salt should work just fine.

* The recipe says to use mozzarella slices, but I used shredded cheese. 


No comments:

Post a Comment