Friday, October 17, 2014

Crock Pot Green Bean and Ham soup, with recipe

I have been using my Fix It and Forget It Christmas Cookbook for the last several months as an "inspiration/guide" when cooking. 

We had a bunch of fresh Green Beans so I made Ham and Green Bean Soup. 
Cooks.com has a similar recipe here, I think the main difference is I used carrots, cream and beef stock (which is in neither recipe)...more on that in a bit. 

Here are all of the veggies, prepped the night before for easy crock pot dumping. 


Everyone in the pool!!!


Here's the plan:

2 Cups Cubed Ham
32 oz Beef Stock 
(the recipes call for water but I wanted more flavor and didn't have ham stock or a ham bone) 
3 c. green beans, cut up
2 c. potatoes, cubed
1 onion, 
(I cut it in half becaure I don't like the texture of onion)
3 Large carrots, sliced
Some minced garlic
1/4 c. parsley, chopped
1 cup Milk
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder to taste
Combine all ingredient's into the crock pot, except the Milk. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours. 
After the 4-6 hours is up, turn the crock pot to low, add the Milk, heat through and serve, 

I would make it again =). Next time I want to save a ham bone or use ham stock instead of beef stock. Maybe even add some corn to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment