Friday, February 3, 2017

Cube Steak, #19 , September 13 2016



ETA 2/6/17: tell me why this posted 2/3/17 and MOM is the ONLY person to tell me I messed up with the recipe... I see who my real friends are-I see who really reads my posts ... ;)


We bought a Freezer Meat Box from the local butcher and it came with a bunch of good food. I turned to google to see what to make with cube steaks and found this recipe from The Pioneer Woman. The last recipe I made of hers, the Salisbury steaks, was good so I thought I would give this a try.







I tried to eat it just like this- cut up like steak or something and I was not impressed. Toward the bottom of the web page she says to put it on white bread, so I did. With Miracle Whip and at changed the whole flavor profile. It was tasty. 


  • 3 pounds Cube Steak (round Steak That's Been Extra Tenderized)
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
  • 3 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper, Or To Taste
  • Salt, For Seasoning Meat
  • 1/2 cup Canola Oil (more If Needed)
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

Mix together flour, seasoned salt, and pepper.

Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece in flour mixture, pressing to coat with as much flour as possible.

Add butter to pan right before frying.

When butter is melted, fry pieces of steak in butter/oil mixture. Flip when sides are deep golden brown and cook about 1 minute on the other side.

Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment