Thursday, February 23, 2017

Copycat Bob Evans Chicken Soup, #26


I like this more than Bob Evan's soup. Make sure to get the noodles suggested in the recipe. I think it makes a big difference. 




COPYCAT BOB EVANS CHICKEN & NOODLES 

9 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. carrots, chopped
3/4 c. celery, chopped
1 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1lb pkg. homestyle noodles


In large (6 qt. or larger) crockpot, add broth, vegetables, chicken, butter and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 3. 

Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Return back to crockpot.  Add noodles; cook for another hour on low. 

I kept the onion and celery whole so I could take them out. I used a bone in chicken breast as well since that's what I had thawed and ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment