Thursday, February 9, 2017

Chocolate Pizzelles, #21 Sept 14, 2016


I have been wanting one of these for a while and finally did some research and decided on this one. There were some interesting ones on ebay. 

Isn't it so SHINY??? 




So I set out all of these ingredients and have the recipe up on my trusty Chromebook:






These were a smash hit! I must make them again!
When I make anything that calls for cocoa powder anymore I use a mix of Natural and Dutch Process cocoa from Penzys
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar*
  • 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a bowl and stir to combine.
  2. In a separate bowl, add egg and brown sugar and mix on medium speed until mixture is smooth and has thickened, approx. one minute. Change the mixer speed to low and slowly pour in melted butter and vanilla extract until just combined.
  3. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, approx. 15 seconds, taking care not to overmix.
  4. Heat your pizzelle iron to your desired level (I like mine medium to medium-high crispness, so I selected around 3 1/2 on the iron's "1 to 5" crispness scale). I brushed the top and bottom of the iron with a small amount of cooking spray to ensure there wouldn't be any sticking.
  5. Add batter to the center of the bottom grid and repeat for the remaining grids in your iron. As the batter will spread when you close the iron, do not completely cover the pizzelle grid with batter. My iron produces 4-inch full-sized pizzelle and the accompanying booklet suggests adding 1 1/2 - 2 tsp batter. Adjust to less if you're looking for smaller pizzelle.
  6. Close the iron and cook until the timer light indicates, about a minute to a minute and a half. Remove pizzelle to cool completely on a wire rack. Repeat for the remaining batter, brushing the pizzelle grids with cooking spray if needed throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment