Yes! More lasagna soup!
We made it for Mom and Q =-) Plus I shared it at work and had it for lunch for the week.
Lasagna Soup post 2 March 2015
1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage
15-20 oz Tomato Sauce
6 oz Tomato Paste
32 oz Chicken Stock
10 oz Beef Stock **
1 Tablespoon of Pesto**
Garlic & Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper
Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese for after plating
**I only used this because I had it left over from another recipe, so feel free to use more chicken stock or water. I just wanted more liquid.
**Pesto isn't a necessity, I just had some left over.
1. Brown the meat, on Medium/High heat, in a large Stockpot/Dutch Oven. Drain excess grease.
2. Add Minced Garlic and cook until fragrant- 1-2 minutes. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC. I usually only brown the garlic for a minute because I am known to burn it.
3. Add the tomato sauce, paste and seasonings, Mix well. Add the liquid and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30-60 minutes.
5. Make your pasta. I prefer fun pasta shapes.
6.. Ladle into bowls, top with a dollop of Ricotta Cheese and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top. If you have Oven safe bowls you could add the cheese then melt in the oven on broil.