Here is new recipe #9 for 2016! =-)
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- medium stalks celery, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- cups cubed cooked chicken
- teaspoon pepper
- cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 1 1/2
- cups Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- cup shortening
- tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cup Progresso™ chicken broth
- 1 In Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in chicken, pepper and 6 cups broth. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, place flour in medium bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in parsley. Add 1/2 cup broth; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3 Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto chicken or vegetables in simmering stew. Cover; cook over medium-low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until dumplings are firm.