Monday, February 5, 2018

#22 New Anginetti Cookie



I made these cookies for the 1st time in March- see post here and I wanted to make them at Christmas...but I didn't have any milk on the day I was making all the dough. So I googled the recipe looking for ingredients I DID have. 


Again- another awesome photo ... hahah I think this is another that I wouldn't make again- I prefer the ones I made in March over this recipe. 


INGREDIENTS

    COOKIE

    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
    • 3 large eggs
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
      • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
      • 1/8 teaspoon salt

      FROSTING

      • 3 cups confectioners' sugar
      • 1/4 cup water
      • 1 teaspoon lemon extract

    • Preheat oven to 350°F.
    • For cookies, cream together sugar and shortening.
    • Add eggs and lemon extract and beat well.
    • Add flour, baking powder and salt; Mix well.
    • The dough should be soft and sticky.
    • With a small cookie scoop, drop dough onto a slightly greased cookie sheet or baking stone, spacing them about 2-inches apart.
    • Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until firm and lightly brown.
    • Remove cookies from cookie sheet and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
    • For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar, water and lemon extract and mix until smooth.
    • Frost the tops of each cookie with a metal spatula.
    • Allow cookies to dry before stacking.
    • Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment