Thursday, February 1, 2018

#20 Chocolate Blossom Cookies


I saw this in the 2018 Taste of Home Cookies magazine and thought I would try to make these since hubby doesn't eat the normal PB Blossoms...
They did not turn out like they look in the magazine that's for sure. They were flat and crispy. Plus I don't think he even ate one LOL. I did add them to cookie trays and they did disappear at least, but I don't know that I would make this recipe again. I would like to find a soft chocolate cookie to add a Hershey kiss to.



NGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
  • 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 24 caramel-filled milk chocolate kisses- I used normal kisses
  • DIRECTIONS

    Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk next five ingredients; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
    Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into balls. Roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 8-10 minutes. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment