Saturday, February 3, 2018

#21- Red Velvet spritz cookies



Another new Christmas Cookie for 2018- but this one went over much better. 
Clearly I forgot to take a better photo! hahaha
I had such a hard time getting these out of the spritz cookie gun!!! I have 2- a mini and a larger one. I had issues with both. But Q comes in the kitchen and knocks them all out! These were a hit and I feel like everyone enjoyed them. I would make these again, as long as I can get the spritz maker to work or Q is here. HAHAHAHA
The recipe calls for Mint Extract but I passes on that. We also did not decorate them. 




Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, separated
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons red paste food coloring
  • 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional-  Nope
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • Nonpareils or sprinkles
  • Directions

    • 1Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, food coloring and, if desired, extract. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
    • 2Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, mix egg white and water; brush over cookies. Decorate as desired with nonpareils or sprinkles. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment