Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Crockpot "Spicy" Pot Roast, with recipe

I went to my trusty Fix it and Forget it Christmas Cookbook for some dinner ideas and decided to try this one. We didn't think it was particularly spicy...and it was much better on the second day than day 1. 
Online- the recipe can be found here.





I think this should just be called "Flavorful Beef Pot Roast" 

3 lb Pot Roast
1-2 Tbsp Cracked Black Pepper*
2 cloves Garlic
3 Tbsp, Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp Dry Mustard

*We had a sample from Penzey's of Creamy Peppercorn seasoning- so I used that instead

1. Rub Pepper and Garlic on to roast (I recommend doing that the night before for more flavor) and place roast into crock pot.
2. Poke the roast
3. Combine the remaining ingredients & pour over roast.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment