Thursday, March 19, 2015

Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole, with Recipe


Let me start by saying I have already made this twice in one month. The first time Hubby was 4 bites in and declared "I'd eat this again!" I didn't even have to ask =-)


The first time I made this in my Toaster Oven, the second in the oven. I don't think I did anything different other than that, but I sure did enjoy it more the second time! The potatoes were more crisp the first time (which I like) so I am not sure what the deal is. The other difference was I used Canned chicken the second time so we could eat quicker. I didn't have to worry about if the chicken was raw or not. 









Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole

2 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
8-10 medium potatoes, diced
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Paprika
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
6 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce

Topping:
2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
1 Cup Bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Grease the baking pan.
In a large bowl mix together the Olive Oil, Hot Sauce, Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder and Paprika,
Add the potatoes to the bowl, mix to coat. Scoop potatoes into the greased pan, leaving the excess liquid behind. 
Add the diced Chicken to the extra liquid from the potato bowl- allow to marinate while the potatoes cook. 
Roast the potatoes for 50-60 minutes until cooked through & crispy. Once cooked- take pan out and lower oven temp to 400 degrees- add the chicken on top of potatoes. 
In another bowl mix the topping ingredients, pour over raw chicken.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through & cheese is melty.
Serve with extra hot sauce and ranch dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment