Friday, July 11, 2014

Foodie Friday: Apple Bread


BEST APPLE BREAD EVER


So what happened was- I had left over gala apples that had been hanging around in the fridge for a long while. I Googled Gala apple bread recipes and found Hot Sin Apple Bread and it has changed my life LOL
I made this 6/26/14 and within 26 hours it was GONE, both loaves. 
You can use any baking apple to make this (Gala, Fuji, Macintosh, Granny's) 
I also read in the comments where folks used applesauce in place of half or even all of the oil...might have to try that too one day.






Ingredients:

Serves: 12-16
Yield: 2 loaves

3 whole eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups grated apples (I didn't measure)
**I added a generous sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter**

Topping mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons flour (didn't use)
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine (didn't use)
**I mixed up some cinnamon and sugar, sprayed the pans with baking Pam spray than just sprinkled the mix into the pans- the Pam helps it stick. Also the directions will tell you to save some for sprinkling on top, but I didn't do that this first time....yes there has already been another 2 loafs made...**

Directions:

1
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. mix the topping ingredients together and put half of mixture into bottom of prepared pans.
2
Mix eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, baking soda and salt together. Put in grated apples and 3 cups flour and mix together, then place ingredients into pans.Sprinkle remaining topping mixture on top of apple mixture. and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Makes 2 loaves.


7/1/14:
2 more- but this time I added the topping.






Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/hot-sin-apple-bread-330437?oc=linkback


No comments:

Post a Comment