Tuesday, July 15, 2014

FO: Under da Sea, Little Mermaid Shawl


I took a detour on the way home to the yarn store to look around.
I walked in....
Then I saw it....
I HAD to have it....it SPOKE to me.

It reminded me of a mermaid and of the sea. 

I used the same pattern that I used for Jenn's Gone Banana's, see last post.
It looks more green in this pic...

...but this outside picture give you a better idea on the true colors.


Pre Blocking- 45' x 22' inches
I used almost EVERY bit of the yarn. There is a golf ball left of yarn.


So here I am soaking this shawl...
LOOK AT THE WATER!!!
I thought for sure I was going to pull this out 
dnd there would be no color left on the fiber.



But alas....it's all good LOL




Final measurements: 56' x 30'
By blocking I gained several inches to the shawl.

Details:
Started: May 22, 2014
Finished: May 26, 2014
Hook: Started w I aluminum hook, 
but kept dropping sts switched to comparable H plastic hook
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Sunseeker in Multi, Open Seas
Pattern: Elise Shawl by Evan Plevinski

No comments:

Post a Comment