Yes we are still on January recipes haha.
A favorite in dinner rotation- Lasagna Soup made it's first appearance of 2017 already. 2 batches of it. We were going to see the Q at OSU and I wanted to make some for he and the roomies.
1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage/ or Ground Beef (or both is what we do)
15-20 oz Tomato Sauce
6 oz Tomato Paste
32 oz Chicken Stock (or more if you want it soupier)
Garlic & Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper
Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese for after plating
1. Brown the meat, on Medium/High heat, in a large Stockpot/Dutch Oven. Drain excess grease.
2. Add Minced Garlic and cook until fragrant- 1-2 minutes. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC.
3. Add the tomato sauce, paste and seasonings, Mix well. Add the liquid and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30-60 minutes.
5. Make your pasta. I prefer fun pasta shapes.
6.. Ladle into bowls, top with a dollop of Ricotta Cheese and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top. If you have Oven safe bowls you could add the cheese then melt in the oven on broil.