Made Hubby Father's day dinner the Saturday night before. One of his favorites- Beef Wellington.
I went to take the temp and it looks like a Vampire got to it... haha
Cook Time: 30 minutes
• 2 filet mignon, 1-inch thick (This year I bought a Filet loin)
• 2 sheets puff pastry-1 box has 2 sheets (I used one per loin)
• Salt and pepper to taste (I use some garlic and onion powder too)
• 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
• 1 egg
1. Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
2. Season meat generously with salt and pepper. (and whatever else you want)
3. Pre-heat a medium (10-inch) non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and swirl in pan to melt.
4. Cook meat on both sides for about 3 minutes until well-browned, then brown the edges. Note: Regularly check the internal temperature of the filet, they should not be cooked past 120F at the center.*** Allow filet to cool, then wrap in plastic and chill for at least a couple of hours.
5. Heat oven to 400F. Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water (egg wash).
6. Wrap the filet in puff pastry. Brush with egg wash, and bake in center of oven until golden brown; about 30 minutes.
(I just wrap it to make sure all the meat is covered to seal in all of the juice.)