Thursday, May 7, 2015

Picnic Chicken, with recipe

Picnic Chicken

I made this for the first time last year and we enjoyed it. See the post HERE. This is easy and not a lot of ingredients are involved. It will feed a crowd! Maybe that's why they call it picnic chicken...because I feel like this isn't really picnic food. 









Ingredients: 

4 large chicken thighs, with skin  ***I used 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts***
¼ cup dill pickle relish  ** I used pickle juice instead**
¼ cup Dijon mustard **I just used plain yellow mustard**
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ cup chicken broth

**I doubled the Pickle juice, Mayo, mustard and broth to have more liquid for the chicken** 
Directions:

1. Rinse chicken well; pat dry. Place in a greased 5-6 quart slow cooker skin side up.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the relish, mustard, and mayonnaise. When well blended, stir in the chicken broth. Mix well.
3. Pour sauce over the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender, but not dry or mushy.

I served this over rice a few times and pasta the others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment