Saturday, May 9, 2015

Bacon and Corn Pasta, with Recipe

Bacon and Corn Pasta,
Michael Symon The Chew


I made this originally May 2013. I saw it in my recipe pile and thought it was time to make it again...I should have looked at that May 2013 post before I made this. Hubby looked at me like I had 3 heads when I said I made this before- I knew I made it- I had the printed recipe in the "Made" cookbook...but didn't remember him not eating it. Q missed out on this twice already too. This was more of a garlic pasta this time- I didn't add pasta sauce. Didn't even occur to me to do so. 



Hubby did eat it this time...lol I am not quite sure how it made him feel but it lasted a few nights so it was all good. I even had it for lunch one day. Mrs Jennifer can't wait for me to post this recipe haha.



Click here for my May 2013 post


Ingredients:

1 pound of Fresh Cavatelli   **I just used a box o fun pasta**
2 T EVOO
1/4 lb Bacon (diced)
2 ears of Corn (cut from the cob)   **I used Canned corn**
2 cloves Garlic (sliced)
1 pint of sweet 100 tomatoes   **No tomato product used**
1/2 bunch Parsley
3 T butter
Parmigiano Reggiano (grated for garnish) 


1. Bring a large salted pot of water to boil
2. In a large saute pan, add the olive oil and bacon-fry til crisp, Next add the corn, tomatoes and garlic,   
    cook for an addt'l 4 minutes
3. Drop Cavatelli into the boiling water and cook one minute less than the specified cook time
4. Add the Cavatelli to the pan and toss with parsley, butter and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. Garnish with Pamigiano Reggiano

No comments:

Post a Comment