Friday, May 17, 2013

Foodie Friday: Michael Symon's Bacon and Corn Cavatelli


I love watching The Chew and have ton's of recipes from them I have been wanting to get to. 
I think this was one of his 5 in 5 meals on the show.


 In a large saute pan, add the olive oil and bacon-fry til crisp



 Next add the corn, tomatoes and garlic, cook for an addt'l 4 minutes
****We don't eat diced tomatoes around these parts so I used a can of tomato sauce that I seasoned***



Add the Cavatelli to the pan and toss with parsley, butter and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. 


Garnish with Pamigiano Reggiano

Hubby says there should not be corn in pasta and didn't even try it =(  
But his not into mixing corn into his food anyway so I didn't think he would eat it...Mom agreed...

BUT I LIKED IT and will have to make it for Q since he was not here when I made it. 
Arleen liked it to, I brought some in to work for her to try.



Michael Symon's Bacon and Corn Cavatelli

Ingredients:

1 pound of Fresh Cavatelli
2 T EVOO
1/4 lb Bacon (diced)
2 ears of Corn (cut from the cob)
2 cloves Garlic (sliced)
1 pint of sweet 100 tomatoes
1/2 bunch Parsley
3 T butter
Parmigiano Reggiano (grated for garnish) *(the in disputed king of cheeses, per Mario)


1. Bring a large salted pot of water to boil
2. In a large saute pan, add the olive oil and bacon-fry til crisp, Next add the corn, tomatoes and garlic,  
    cook for an addt'l 4 minutes
3. Drop Cavatelli into the boiling water and cook one minute less than the specified cook time
4. Add the Cavatelli to the pan and toss with parsley, butter and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. Garnish with Pamigiano Reggiano



No comments:

Post a Comment