Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First Rhubarb of the season

UGGHHHH

SO here is my beautiful 4 cups of Rhubarb from my Rhubarb patch from 5/8/13 
that was totally wasted on 
Rhubarb & Sour Cream Cake- more like bread

I had this in the over for almost 2 hours...then I checked it with a knife and it came out 'clean' 
I cut into it 2 hours later and it ooozed all over...
Never again...I didn't read the reviews before baking...my bad...
it was a BAD review like how I felt about it. 

I posted the recipe below...good luck if you try it.
I on the other hand have tossed the recipe away...






Directions

RECIPE INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sour cream
4 cups sliced rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
1/3 cup superfine sugar
1/2 teaspoon freashly grated nutmeg
heavy cream, for serving
Rhubarb & Sour Cream Cake Recipe at Cooking.com

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 x 5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment or waxed (greaseproof) paper.

Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Fold in the flour and baking powder alternately with the sour cream and rhubarb.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Combine the sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle over the cake mixture.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before turning out.


Get Cooking: http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/RecDetail.aspx?rid=1773#ixzz2T6vRQVdW

No comments:

Post a Comment