Monday, January 12, 2015

Hamburger & Sausage Soup, with Recipe

Another soup!!

This recipe was inspired, again, by my Fix it and Forget it Christmas Cookbook. The recipe can also be found online HERE  from Cooks.com 
This was a huge hit. My mom even heard it calling her name when I gave her some =) 






Hamburger Sausage Soup

Here is what I did, but the "real" recipe can be seen if you click the link above.

1 lb. ground beef 
1 lb. Ground Italian Sausage
1 (1 1/2 oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
6 c. boiling beef stock
1- 8oz can of pizza sauce (The "real" recipe called for diced tomatoes, oregano and basil...So I thought I'd just use this instead) 
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Sprinkle of Celery Seed (recipe called for celery...so no)
1 c. sliced pared carrots
1 c. uncooked elbow macaroni

In skillet, brown ground beef and sausage; drain well (cannot stress that enough). Place meats in crock pot and add seasoning  and onion soup mix. Stir in boiling beef stock, Pizza sauce, soy and Worcestershire. Add carrots, stir well. Cover pot and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. I made the pasta on the side but the recipe says you can toss the dry pasta in the crock pot one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment