Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Heads 2013

It's that time of year again!!

Pumpkin Heads of Years past:

I have been making these for several Halloweens now
but they are a little different every time.
But what always stays the same is 
the Ground beef and carrots (Sorry Hubby...) 

Here is the Original recipe:
Trick or Treat Turnovers from Taste of Home


This year I fried up some panchetta to go with the beef.


I remembered this year to use regular biscuits- NOT the flaky ones....





The Recipe-kinda

Fry some meat, season to taste. 
I fried the panchetta first, then added the ground beef.
I used Salt, onion and garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.

Once the meat cooks up a bit, add the carrots and minced garlic.
Once there is no more pink add your cheese and mustard.

I can't say I have measurements really...
This year:
I used 1.5 lbs beef, Match stick carrots, maybe a tablespoon of minced garlic, sprinkled the seasoning then a handful of cheese- adjust to however you like to flavor your meat =)
You can probably even use a taco seasoning mix if the mood strikes.

Buy some jumbo refrigerated biscuits.
I rolled them out so they were 5-6 inches in diameter.
Spoon about 1/2 cup of meat then add the top rolled out biscuit.
I cut pumpkin faces out for mine.

Bake on a greased pan (I lined mine with parchment for easy cleanup) 
@ 350* for 20 mins
I brushed the tops with an egg wash prior to inserting in the oven.

Make some this year for a quick before Trick Or Treat Dinner! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment