Wednesday, August 11, 2021

8/10/21 Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu

Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu



Received an email from Pillsbury and noticed this recipe. I haven't used my slow cooker in a while so thought this would be a good recipe to try. I seasoned and cut the chicken the night before.
The only thing I would change next time- and I almost did it- I would NOT add the pasta to the slow cooker. It had a weird texture. I also didn't use the Swiss cheese (I used Havarti) and no breadcrumbs.

I would even consider an attempt to make this in the Pressure Cooker. The point was for a one pot meal- but I think I could make it work for a meal prep on a weekend. Chicken usually takes 30 minutes or less, then just have to add the mix ins. I would still do the pasta on the side. 

Ingredients

  • 2cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz container) *** I used all 32 oz since I used a whole box of pasta. I would stick to just 2 cups next time if I am making pasta on the side
  • 1jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
  • 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/4teaspoon black pepper
  • 1package (16 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 8oz uncooked penne pasta (about 2 1/4 cups)   * I used the whole box
  • 3/4cup coarsely chopped deli-sliced ham (about 4 oz)
  • 1cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)  * Used Havarti

  • 1
    Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix broth, Alfredo sauce, Dijon mustard and pepper. Stir in chicken. Cover; cook on High heat setting 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through (at least 165°F).
  • 2
    Stir pasta and ham into slow cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 25 to 30 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring twice.
  • 3
    Stir in cheese until cheese melts. Let stand covered 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir mixture.




No comments:

Post a Comment