Tuesday, August 10, 2021

8/9/21 Rhubarb Jam

 I got to use the rhubarb to make jam this time! Well, after Hubby went out and grabbed me some more pectin.


2014 prior post <-- This will take you to the last post I found of me making it, and also 2011-2013.

I doubled the recipe- and used even less sugar than in 2014! The berries were so sweet- I could have maybe even used LESS. I used 5 cups of sugar on this double batch.





2 c. sliced rhubarb
1/2 c. water
1 box powdered pectin
5 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. crushed strawberries

Combine rhubarb, water and pectin and mix well. Cook 5 to 6 minutes until rhubarb is tender and pectin is dissolved, stirring twice. Stir in sugar, continue cooking until mixture boils stirring after each minute, about 3 minutes. Add strawberries. Mix well. Ladle into jars. Let stand at room temperature until set. Store in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment