Friday, May 22, 2020

NYD 1/1/20 #1 PC pork loin

New Year's day I was busy cooking away. Tried my first new recipe of the year and made some egg bites. 




The pressure cooker had a busy day.
12/3/19- recipe for egg bites
I make these all the time. They reheat well and still taste great. 





It was good- I will be making the 2nd of the 2 loins this week actually using the same recipe as a guide. Since we all know I don't normally use what spices it says to use, even the timing wasn't right for us. It was still raw at 25 minutes. So I will go 35 minutes and see at that point what the temp registers. You don't want to over cook but- you don't want it raw either. 

Basically you make a spice rub with what you like and rub it on the pork, put the IP on saute with some oil and brown all sides of the pork. Remove the pork, deglaze the pan with 2 cups chicken stock, put the rack in the IP and put the pork on top of the rack. Cook on high pressure- recipe says 25 minutes but that didn't work for our loin so I'll go 35 this time.  




No comments:

Post a Comment