Just made this again recently and thought I would share the recipe again.
I made this originally 9/2015- see HERE
To save time at the end- I peel the garlic cloves so I am not having to mess around with all that when I am trying to get supper on the table. Ain't nobody got time for that. I then use the garlic in Mashed Potatoes.
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon olive oil
- to 3 1/2 lb cut-up frying chicken
- large onion, sliced
- medium bulb garlic (about 20 cloves
- 1 In small bowl, mix salt, paprika, pepper and oil to form paste; spread evenly over each piece of chicken.
- 2 In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place onion slices. Arrange chicken over onion. Separate garlic into cloves; do not peel cloves. Place garlic cloves around chicken.
- 3 Cover; cook on Low setting 7 to 8 hours.
- 4 With slotted spoon, remove chicken, onion and garlic from slow cooker; place on serving platter. Squeeze garlic cloves to use cooked garlic on mashed potatoes, vegetables or bread.