This is totally going in the "Make more often" pile... it was SO good.
I got this recipe from Aunt Betty in an email probably.
I should have made more than 2 breasts. I prepped it the night before so it could just be dumped into the crock pot. Also- I peeled the garlic BEFORE cooking- so I could just take it right out and use it. I mashed some of it up in mashed potatoes. The recipe does not call for water- we did not add any.
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon olive oil
- to 3 1/2 lb cut-up frying chicken
- large onion, sliced
- medium bulb garlic (about 20 cloves)
- 1 In small bowl, mix salt, paprika, pepper and oil to form paste; spread evenly over each piece of chicken.
- 2 In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place onion slices. Arrange chicken over onion. Separate garlic into cloves; do not peel cloves. Place garlic cloves around chicken.
- 3 Cover; cook on Low setting 7 to 8 hours.
- 4 With slotted spoon, remove chicken, onion and garlic from slow cooker; place on serving platter. Squeeze garlic cloves to use cooked garlic on mashed potatoes, vegetables or bread.