Just in time for Thanksgiving baking!!
Arleen sent me this recipe she found on Facebook since I am not on FB.
As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make it for Linda's Birthday!!!
I am not sure where it originates from...
But I found it here on MyRecipes.com as well as several other sites
It is SUPER simple and easy!!! I would totally make it again...and I don't even care for pumpkin!
- • 1 box angel food cake mix- the 1 step kind
- • 1 15oz can Pumpkin
- • 3/4 Cup water
- • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon **I used 1 teaspoon and might use more next time
- • 1 8oz pkg. reduced fat cream cheese **Yes I used reduced fat cream cheese...might be good with 2 pkgs...but it would be "skinny" anymore at that point haha
- • -few tablespoons of water, to be mixed with cream cheese **I think I used 3-4 Tablespoons
- I let the cream cheese soften on the counter for a while then I added it to my stand mixer & beat it with a couple of tablespoons of water until smooth. I just wanted it to thin out a little bit.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, water, & cinnamon together until it is smooth & well mixed.
- In a 9x13 pyrex dish- sprayed with PAM- add HALF of the cake –pumpkin mix. Then smooth it out with a rubber spatula. Drizzle half of the cream cheese over the top of it and take a small spatula to smooth it over the top. Add remaining cake-pumpkin mix & also the remaining cream cheese just making layers. Finally take a butter knife- stick it into the mix and go back & forth over the top of the cake making figure “8’s” - to blend it a bit.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees OR until a toothpick comes out clean. **at 35 minutes it was perfect for me
ENJOY!!! I know we did!!!! =)