Thursday, July 18, 2013

Strawberry Rhubarb Freezer Jam- Recipe included!

Tis the season for Rhubarb! 
After Harvesting,  I froze the Rhubarb until I was ready to make jam. 
I also had been freezing excess strawberries.
So this year I made the jam using frozen fruit. 


I used the same recipe as the previous years- with one less cup of sugar.
Combine Rhubarb, Pectin and water. Mix well
(2 C Rhubarb, 1 Box Pectin, 1/2 C water) 
Cook until Rhubarb is tender and Pectin is dissolved, continuously stirring.
(About 10 mins) 


Add Sugar (4-5 cups) and stir. Keep cooking another 5-10 minutes, 
until mixture boils after stirring each minute, about 3-5 mins.



Add strawberries (1.5 c) 
Since they were previously frozen I did not crush them prior to adding.

As the mixture cooked I crushed them and cooked about 5 more minutes. 


Ladle into jars and let cool before putting in the refrigerator/freezer.


Recipe from Cooks.com

2 C-sliced Rhubarb
1/2 C-water
1 Box of Powdered Pectin
5 C-Sugar (I used 4)
1.5 C-Strawberries



No comments:

Post a Comment