Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rhubarb jam with Recipe


It's that time again for Fresh Jam!
I made Strawberry Rhubarb Freezer Jam again with my homegrown Rhubarb Memorial Day Weekend!
See here for last year's adventure.

First get all of your stuff together.

2 c. sliced rhubarb  (I used more)
1/2 c. water
1 box powdered pectin
5 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. crushed strawberries  (I used more)



Wash out your FREEZER SAFE jars. 
(I didn't boil them this year, didn't have to the 1st time either, but I did)



Prep your Fruit. Clearly you can see mine is all still a bit chunky.



Add your Rhubarb, Water and Pectin to the pan.



Cook for 5-6 minutes until pectin is dissolved and rhubarb is tender.
Stir occasionally.


Add sugar...
Yeah it's a lot of sugar...


After a minute this is what you get. 


Keep stirring until fully dissolved and starts to boil.
After it starts to gently boil, keep stirring for another 3 minutes.
  
Add your crushed Strawberries and mix.


Ladle into your jars.


Let stand at room temp until set.
I had mine out for a while.
Store in the freezer until ready to eat. 
Or keep in the fridge if you will be giving them to friends within the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment