Friday, December 6, 2019

#29 Chocolate Chip Banana Bars, 11/16/19



I managed to have 3 ripe bananas left and was wondering if I should just make bread. I decided to google Banana Recipes and found this one that uses 5 Bananas. I was like, great I can get 2 other bananas out of the freezer ! 



I would make this again- it was quick, baked faster than bread and tasted great!



The link above will give you tips on how to deal with the frozen bananas 
(because this is a great use for frozen bananas) This recipe also gave me a second use for my pumpkin rolls pans ! 

Ingredients

  • 5 ripe bananas 
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup oil 
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cup flour  (I used 2 cups to combat the liquid from my frozen bananas)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips divided

Instructions

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15×10.5 pan with parchment (Or spray the pan)
  • Peel bananas and mash well. Stir in brown sugar, oil, milk and eggs until combined. Add in dry ingredients and stir. Fold in 1/2 the chocolate chips.
  • Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake 25 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into squares. 
**I sprinkled them with powdered sugar because why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment