Sunday, November 25, 2018

#28, Ham Potato and Egg casserole, 10/2/18



I had some old frozen ham I wanted to get used up so I googled Ham and eggs and this recipe happened, 
Not only would I make this again- I might add less eggs in the mix and slap a fried egg on top before serving.  I did that one night with the left overs.




I guess you can make this in advance as well. 

 
Ingredients
  • 7 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup Milk
  •  salt and pepper
  • 1 (28 oz) bag Frozen Potatoes keep frozen
  • 2 cups chopped ham
  • 1 (8 oz) bag shredded mozzarella cheese*
  • 1 (8 oz) bag shredded cheddar cheese*
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese*
* I just used a bunch of Colby Jack or whatever I had in the several open bags in the fridge
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
  3. In another VERY large bowl, mix together frozen potatoes (break up any clumps), ham, and cheese. Add to 9x13 pan
  4. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture that is already in the 9x13 pan.
  5. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes, or until bubbling and the eggs have set and the potatoes are tender.
  6. Remove from oven and let rest for about 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment