Saturday, September 6, 2014

Recipe: Cherry Chocolate Chip muffins

I ended up buying some cherries that weren't as sweet as I would have liked...
I hated to throw them out so I made muffins! (And Jam, but that's for another day) 

I got this recipe from bakespace.com 
(click the recipe name to link there)
The Notes state that she got it from Kraft.com



Since my cherries weren't as sweet, 
I cooked them down with some sugar to try to help them out a little. 



They were pretty enjoyable! Everyone at work loved them. 
Brandy at work said "I LOVE these and I don't usually like things with fake cherries"
I said "well, that's because they are real cherries" 
Hahahaha


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup halved maraschino cherries
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

  • In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (Remember to use caution when mixing muffins as over-stirring can make tough muffins). Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
  • Fill paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
  • Makes 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment