Wednesday, December 27, 2017

New recipe #18, #6 New PC- Chicken and Dumplings


I'd say I followed the recipe but we all would know that's a lie...


I did do most of that it said though. The link is above for the recipe.


But here is what I used and did:

  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast, cubed-  I used a can of Chicken breast from Sam's Club
  • 1 tube (16oz) refrigerated biscuits- I used only 4 of the biscuits
  • 1 cup chopped carrots- I bought matchstick carrots and used part of a can of corn, but I am sure you can use whatever frozen veggies you would like
  • Oregano, Basil, Salt, Pepper, Onion powder and Garlic powder- I just sprinkle and don't measure
  • 2 cloves minced garlic

  1. Flatten each biscuit to about 1/8" thickness. Use a knife to cut into 1/2" strips. CUT THEM THINNER AND SMALLER
  2. Place 1 teaspoon olive oil, chicken, oregano, onion powder, basil, garlic, salt and pepper into the instant pot and mix to coat.
  3. Turn instant pot to sautee and cook chicken (with the lid off) until brown on all sides, stirring frequently.
  4. When finished, shut off instant pot by pressing cancel.
  5. Add chicken broth and veggies to instant pot and mix well.
  6. Stir in biscuits. I would recommend adding some of the cut up dough, then the veg and broth and then more dough.
  7. Seal lid of instant pot and close the pressure knob.
  8. Set instant pot to manual for 5 minutes. Mom and Sarah both said this was not cooked at this point so I cooked it for 20 minutes. Even in the comments of the recipe folks said it wasn't done and the author was like- "I've never had a problem"  ....
  9. It may take 5-10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and then you will see the count down of time from 5 minutes.
  10. Once cooking cycle is finished, press cancel to turn off the unit and quick release steam/pressure. I let it release naturally.
  11. Spoon chicken and dumplings into bowls and serve.

I froze some to see how well that works. I liked it and would make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment